Guren settles into his new town and meets a new friend, a hidden portal is uncovered.
The episode begins with an explanation of the planet Quarton, which was affected by wars for the valuable resource known as Tenkai Energy. The wars were led by the evil Tenkai Knight, Vilius. But soon, the evil forces had a competition by the other Tenkai Knights, which were successful until Vilius freed the Tenkai Dragon. After that, the Tenkai Knights completely disappeared and Vilius got the opportunity, to become stronger and stronger during the next years until today.
At that moment on Earth, Guren moves to another city with his father, a very busy man, who often has to move to other cities due to his work. Guren complains that it was hard for him to find friends in his old town and now after two years, they had to move again. Also, when his father says, it would be the last move, Guren remembers that its what he'd told him two years ago that it would be the last. Guren is not keen about his new location.
When at school, Guren is peeved by his new classmate Ceylan, who throws a paper plane at him. Ms. Finwick disapproves this behavior and "punishes" Ceylan by making him the guide for Guren on his first day. Ceylan makes a grimace, which makes Guren laugh. Ms. Finwick thinks that he laughs about the Roman Empire, the current topic of the class.
After school, they enter into talks and even call them dudes and go through the city. They stop at a mysterious shop, called the Shop of Wonders, which didn't have customers for one month and is owned by a man named Mr. White. After entering they look at the items of the shop, which are called "classic junk" by Ceylan. They hear a mysterious voice which says "Tenkai". Soon they are frightened, when the owner of the shop appears. The owner shows them two mysterious items, one of them Guren turns into a robot. Mr. White gives them the robots free of charge. After being in the shop the two boys go home.
At home, Guren says to his father that he liked his first day more than he expected. In his room, Guren wants to come behind the mystery of the robot, but isn't successful. While sleeping, he has a dream, where Vilius and Bravenwolf fight each other and Bravenwolf is defeated. From that, he wakes up.
In school, he tells Ceylan about this dream and finds out that Ceylan had the same dream. After school, they return to the shop, but Mr. White appears to be not in. While searching for him in the basement, they notice that their robots are shining and a big robot begins moving and chase them that they have to go in a mysterious machine.
Guren awakes on Quarton and is now in the armor of Bravenwolf. He can't believe that but an unknown voice guides him to search Ceylan, who now have become Tributon. They are attacked by an army who serves Vilius. After they got their weapon, they can defeat the army. At the same time, Vilius hears about the return of his enemies, and ask his servants to defeat and capture them. While fleeing, another army attacks Guren and Ceylan. When they got outside into the daylight, the army still follows them. They are defeated by another allied army, who recognizes them as the legendary Tenkai Knights. After that, Guren and Ceylan are thrown back to their world.
Next they start to wonder if it is real, but they soon decide to go with it.
In the episode
- While it's brief, Toxsa can be seen running by Guren and Ceylan as school gets out.
- Guren and Ceylan meet Beag for the first time.
- Near the end of the episode, Dromus can be seen alongside Slyger and Granox, although he is silent and is not addressed.
- Guren moves to Benham City.
- Chooki was the only knight not seen throughout the episode, but Toxsa was seen briefly.
- This is the first episode of Tenkai Knights.
English Dub Cuts & Changes
- The first 5 minutes of the actual episode is a huge mess. Some video was reused to compensate for the cut scenes taken out. The "Tenkai!" echoing voice heard each time in the episode didn't exist in the original Japanese version.
- In the JP version some kanji can be seen on the classroom board, but are not seen in the English version.
- In the JP version as well, Guren builds some kind of a "motorn robot" to make time pass by. This scene did not appear in the English version.
Note: All characters are listed in order of their first appearances in the episode. The time they appear is the time from the Japanese dub.